-->

Monday, January 6, 2014

Ops!! But Belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! + Stacking the Shelves (2)

I know this is late but...

Happy New Year in 2014!!


I've missed many many MANY posts, mainly the last few Christmas Countdown posts, and I'M SO SORRY to those who have been following the line-up and to the authors who've done interviews and guest posts for the event. SORRY! I'll post them up soon, promise!

I went on vacation with my family on the 22nd and wasn't able to schedule those posts cause I was rushing my university application essays while packing and shopping for my trip.

I'm going to be really busy again soon, but hey, I've got stupendously pretty pics from my trip. :P


Mandatory star jump for the Leaning Tower. :))


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews to showcase our weekly book hauls.
 

It's been pretty quiet this few weeks, and I've only gotten one book the week before I left for vacay and one this week. But they are two books that I've been DYINGGGG to read, and the cherry? One of them is signed!!



Kinslayer by Jay Kristoff
Jet Black and the Ninja Wind by Leza Lowitz and Shogo Oketani
(Links lead to Goodreads)

I won Kinslayer a while back when the book was on tour organised by Book Nerd Tours and holy crap, guys, MR KRISTOFF SIGNED THE BOOK AND SHIPPED IT. From Australia I think. *Book spasming*

Jet Black I bought on a whim when I went to Kinokuniya yesterday when I was in town cause firstly, I've been eyeing it for months now and it's ABOUT NINJAS. It's getting rave reviews and it's pretty obscure, so I was quite surprised when I saw it with the other YA bestsellers. So yeah, even though it was $20.85, more expensive than Slayers by C.J. Hill and The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas (and thinner too), I bought it. I'm halfway through it and...it's kind of not living up to expectations at all. But I'm holding up hope.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
So what have y'all gotten this week? :))

(By the way, I'm really looking forward to Defy by Sara B. Larson releasing this Tuesday. It sounds amazing and I haven't read any love triangles since forever, so I'm kind of in the mood for some lovefest right now. Hehe.)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning those books. Pass me your luck =)

    Heres's Our STS
    Doris @ OABR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on winning the book + your awesome vacation! :) Don't stress about posts - real life is normal!

    -Jess

    My StS

    ReplyDelete

A Bookalicious Story is now an award-free zone! Thank you for thinking about me tho, really!

I love comments. :) I may not be able to reply every single comment, but know that I read and appreciate every one of them. Thank you!

Cyp's Abbreviation Dictionary

DNF = Did Not Finish
HEA = Happily Ever After
PNR = Paranormal Romance
UF = Urban Fantasy
YA = Young Adult

Erotica Reference

BDSM = Bondage/Discipline, Dominant/Submissive, Sadism/Masochism
f/f = female/female
m/f = male/female
m/m = male/male

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...