-->

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

{Late Post} Stacking the Shelves (4)

Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews featuring the books we got this week.

Another quiet week, but I received some really cool swag from Dani Harper which I requested some time ago but I didn't know if she would send overseas, so yeah I was super excited when I saw a package in the mail last week. :DD

 
Sorry for the lousy lighting and positioning! I'm still super busy cause of my crazy 10 hr/day new job so it's midnight now and I'm tired. But anyway, YES THAT'S the newly released cover for Storm Bound!! So I'll be doing another coolio swag giveaway again. Maybe when Storm Bound releases? ;)
 
 
Status Update
 
As for books I've read, I've read Haze by Paula Weston, The Almost Girl by Amalie Howard and the ARC of Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen releasing on April Fool's Day this year. Stolen Songbird and Haze were pretty not bad! Both 4 stars each but The Almost Girl was. AWESOME. I'm not sure why the reviews on Goodreads aren't as boomz as I thought it would be, and there are a surprising number of 1 star reviews. Well, it's a 4.5-5 stars to me. <3 Haha, now I just gotta find time and some brain juice to do up my reviews.
 
Non-bookish stuff: The remaining rest time I spend on this new Korean drama called The Inheritors/The Heirs. It's a very exaggerated love triangle drama involving super rich high schoolers and this poor female protagonist. Haha, it's the sort of thing that I let my inner-princess indulge in once in awhile. It's pretty not bad, and the casting is SUPERB. See trailer below.
 

 
Ok, it's a super bad and uninformative trailer, but the show's much better. :))
 
 
My Reading Pile for this week will include:
 
Scarlet #2 (the long awaited sequel)
Blurb from Goodreads

Scarlet’s true identity has been revealed, but her future is uncertain. Her forced marriage to Lord Gisbourne threatens Robin and Scarlet’s love, and as the royal court descends upon Nottingham for the appointment of a new Sheriff, the people of Nottingham hope that Prince John will appoint their beloved Robin Hood. But Prince John has different plans for Nottingham that revolve around a fateful secret from Scarlet’s past even she isn’t yet aware of. Forced to participate at court alongside her ruthless husband, Scarlet must bide her time and act the part of a noblewoman—a worthy sacrifice if it means helping Robin’s cause and a chance at a future with the man she loves. With a fresh line of intrigue and as much passion as ever, the next chapter in Scarlet’s tale will have readers talking once again.




Star Thief Chronicles #1
Blurb from Goodreads

She might only be twenty-three, but Renna Carrizal is the most notorious thief in the galaxy. There’s just one problem – all she wants is to get the frak out of the business.

But when Renna rescues an injured boy from the warehouse she’s casing, she finds herself on the run from the mob instead of enjoying retirement on a garden world. Turns out, the kid was a plant to lead her to MYTH, a top-secret galactic protection agency.

MYTH needs Renna’s special skills, and they make her an offer she can’t refuse – unless she'd like to spend the rest of her life on a prison ship. To make sure she does her job they shackle her with a MYTH watchdog, the handsome but arrogant Captain Finn.

A former mercenary-turned-galactic-hero, Finn happens to have his own dirty secrets. Secrets that Renna wouldn’t mind uncovering for herself. Together, they discover an experiment to develop illegal cybernetics that will create an unstoppable army. The intended target? The human star fleet.

Now Renna must use her skills as the Star Thief to pull off the biggest job of her career – saving the galaxy. And herself.
 
--------------------------------------------------

As you can see, it's all about the thieves this week. ;) I'm only going to add 2 books to my immediate TBR for now cause I'm a mood reader and my this pile tends to change almost every alternate day. So yeah. :)

Any good books recently read? What's on your immediate TBR pile now?

1 comment:

  1. The information you convey very helpful at all, a lot of interesting things that I encountered after reading this article you wrote. Obat Demam Rematik Herbal Makanan Yang Bagus untuk Mata
    Thank you very much willing to share information that is stunning Obat Kanker Lidah Herbal Penyebab Benjolan Di Leher
    Greetings, still continue to write other information of interest Cara Menghilangkan Komedo

    ReplyDelete

A Bookalicious Story is now an award-free zone! Thank you for thinking about me tho, really!

I love comments. :) I may not be able to reply every single comment, but know that I read and appreciate every one of them. Thank you!

Cyp's Abbreviation Dictionary

DNF = Did Not Finish
HEA = Happily Ever After
PNR = Paranormal Romance
UF = Urban Fantasy
YA = Young Adult

Erotica Reference

BDSM = Bondage/Discipline, Dominant/Submissive, Sadism/Masochism
f/f = female/female
m/f = male/female
m/m = male/male

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...