-->

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Review: Bind Me by Stacey Kennedy

*This is an Erotica novel. Please ensure that you're legal to continue reading!!*



Published Date: October 11th, 2011
Finished Date: December 11th, 2011
Publisher: Loose Id
Format: eBook
Series: Pact of Seduction #1
My Rating: 2/5

Blurb from Goodreads:
Four best friends embrace their fantasies and make a pact of seduction to live out their deepest and darkest desires. The women place their lives in the hands of fate and one short straw declares Marley will be the first to awaken her secret wishes.

Reed, a Dom at sex club Castle Dolce Vita, has lived the BDSM lifestyle for awhile, but has yet to find a submissive that suits him. That is until he meets Marley, a woman seeking to indulge her fantasies.

As Reed guides her through a night of pleasure, Marley brings more to him than a perfect submissive--she stirs emotions in him long ago lost. By binding Marley, he runs up against his own limits, and now he has to choose between his self-protective barriers or surrendering to the wildfire Marley has reignited in his heart.

Publisher's Note: This book contains explicit sexual situations, graphic language, and material that some readers may find objectionable: BDSM theme and elements, including spanking.

My Review

Honestly, I was a little bit disappointed with BIND ME. Looking at that gorgeous, very suggestive cover and unique synopsis, my expectations were pretty high. But I think the main reason why I didn't like it that much stems from me recently reading a mighty awesome Erotica-Contemp-Romance-light BDSM book that I highly recommend it to all romanceaholics (FIFTY SHADES series!!), I absolutely loved it so much so that I'll probably compare all the other Eroticas I'm going to be reading from here on out. So this book didn't quite make the cut for me.

A Brief Summary
Marley and her three other friends are bored with their lives, thinking it was time to fulfil their innermost sexual desires, no matter how sinfully wrong it was. Each of them took turns to 'fess up, they picked lots, and Marley had the "good fortune" to have at it first. And as it turns out, being a teacher always in command has made her want to relinquish that control to someone else, and thus, she opted for a BDSM one-nighter.

Reed's just handed his recent Sub who clearly has higher tolerance for pain than what he's comfortable with meting out to his friend, and is looking for a new one. He check through the club's forum for candidates and chances upon Marley.  He's turned-on at the sight of her exquisite beauty, and accepts her request immediately.

Little did he know that this naturally submissive woman with dark hair and pale skin would cause the barriers around his broken heart to come crumbling down, and little does she expect to actually want something more than a one-night stand...

Thoughts
BIND ME was a short novel, more like a novella that I thought was a little rushed. There was some hot sex, but you don't just heal a man with a ravaged heart through lust and orgasms. That was the crux of why I didn't like BIND ME. There was no development in the romance between Reed and Marley, and no effort on Marley's part whatsoever in trying to overcome Reed's emotional barriers other than act the role of the submissive - which is pretty much lying on some surface that's probably not the bed bound up nice and tight. Conclusion's a little cheesy as well.

I liked Marley. She's cool, pretty, and when not being a Sub, she does stand up for herself. Reed is.....odd. Haha, not to say that he's not a good Dom, he's plenty good - his methods are erotic as hell (BDSM style) - but the contrast between his broken self and Dom is a little too intense. His Dom self is confident and self-assured, but the other side... He's all insecurities and jitters.

I can't say much about the plot, cause there really isn't much to go on about. If you take my above summary, add in a few sex scenes, that's pretty much it. The sex scenes were plenty hot - yes, that I can assure you - but the rest were mediocre. It kinda made me feel dirty after reading it. :/

Oh well, if you're looking for a quick, erotic read, BIND ME's the one for you. It wasn't bad, but I guess I won't be delving too fast back into this series.

My Rating
             

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A Bookalicious Story is now an award-free zone! Thank you for thinking about me tho, really!

I love comments. :) I may not be able to reply every single comment, but know that I read and appreciate every one of them. Thank you!

Cyp's Abbreviation Dictionary

DNF = Did Not Finish
HEA = Happily Ever After
PNR = Paranormal Romance
UF = Urban Fantasy
YA = Young Adult

Erotica Reference

BDSM = Bondage/Discipline, Dominant/Submissive, Sadism/Masochism
f/f = female/female
m/f = male/female
m/m = male/male

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...