-->

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Patience is a Virtue (#2)

So, I've just received a book in my mail, but I'm planning to do my very first In My Mailbox after my exams. BUUUT I'm dying to start reading SO many books that I'm now doing another Patience is a Virtue post. Why did I name this Patience is a Virtue you ask? Well, that's because I am not creative (what with all the Teaser Tuesday, Follow Friday..I was also thinking of Whirling on Wednesday. Thought it was lame. Then I thought Desperado? Nah, too desperate), and that's what I keep telling my friends, so, here I am.:)

And to explain what Patience is a Virtue is again for those of you who are seeing this for the first time, it is the books that has already been published that I desperately want to read, but have to be put on hold cause I am still reading other books.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First up - TORRENT BY LISA TAWN BERGREN!!!!!


Torrent is book three in The River of Time series.

Synopsis:
When Gabi and Lia finally learn to surf the river of time, they realize they must make hard choices about life and love in the third and final book in the River of Time series.


Gabi and Lia Betarrini have learned to control their time travel, and they return from medieval Italy to save their father from his tragic death in modern times. But love calls across the centuries, and the girls are determined to return forever—even though they know the Black Plague is advancing across Europe, claiming the lives of one-third of the population. In the suspenseful conclusion of the River of Time series, every decision is about life … and death.

I have read Waterfall and Cascade (book one and two in the series. Click on the titles to see my review of them), and I was absolutely captivated by the enchanting world of olden time Italia. Absolutely stunning series.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next up, is Sasha by Joel Shepherd.


This is the first book in the Trial of Blood and Steel series.
Synopsis:
Sasha turns her back on her regal heritage, forsakes the life she could have as the princess in a rich kingdom, and trains instead to be a powerful warrior, fighting for the good of the people her father commands. Sasha is a princess, the like of which the highland country of Lenayin has never seen before. Spurning her royal heritage to be raised by the great warrior, Kessligh, her exquisite swordplay astonishes all who witness it. But Sasha is still young, untested in battle and often led by her rash temper. In the complex world of Lenayin loyalties, her defiant wilfulness is attracting the wrong kind of attention. Lenayin is a land almost divided by its two faiths: the Verenthane of the ruling classes and the pagan Goeren-yai, amongst whom Sasha now lives. The Goeren-yai worship swordplay and honour and begin to see Sasha as the great spirit—the Synnich—who will unite them. But Sasha is still searching for what she believes and must choose her side carefully. When the Udalyn people—the symbol of Goeren-yai pride and courage—are attacked, Sasha will face her moment of testing. How will she act? Is she ready to lead? Can she be the saviour they need her to be?

Looks bloody cool.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last but not least, Invitation to Ruin by Bronwen Evans.


Synopsis:
One Good Lady Is About to Go Bad. . .


The only thing Miss Melissa Goodly has ever wanted out of a marriage is love. But any hope of that dissolves one wild night, when she loses herself in the arms of the most irresistible--and unobtainable--man in all of England. For when they are discovered in a position as compromising as it is pleasurable, she has no choice but to accept his proposal.


Avowed bachelor Anthony Craven, Earl of Wickham, never meant to seduce an innocent like Melissa. Yet now that the damage is done, it does seem like she'd make a very convenient wife. After all, she is so naive he won't have to worry about ever being tempted. Or so he thinks, until the vows are spoken and they are left alone--and his new bride reveals a streak just as brazen and unrestrained as his own. . .
I won this on the Goodreads First Reads program from the very author, Ms Evans, herself. Cool, huh?:D:D
I think I have this historical-fantasy craving now. Lol.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for stopping by! Sooo, what're you craving to read now?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A Bookalicious Story is now an award-free zone! Thank you for thinking about me tho, really!

I love comments. :) I may not be able to reply every single comment, but know that I read and appreciate every one of them. Thank you!

Cyp's Abbreviation Dictionary

DNF = Did Not Finish
HEA = Happily Ever After
PNR = Paranormal Romance
UF = Urban Fantasy
YA = Young Adult

Erotica Reference

BDSM = Bondage/Discipline, Dominant/Submissive, Sadism/Masochism
f/f = female/female
m/f = male/female
m/m = male/male

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...