-->

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Character Interview with Kale from Touch by Jus Accardo

I'm so excited about Jus Accardo's debut novel, Touch, when I first got an eARC of it. And I fell in love with the characters and story after reading it. You can read my 5 star review HERE.
Sooo, I am very excited to be having Kale over to have a little chat. And while we're waiting for him to arrive, let me just do some basic introductions first.

--------------------------------------------------------------------



Jus Accardo!
About Jus

Jus Accardo is the author of YA paranormal romance and urban fantasy fiction. A native New Yorker, she lives in the middle of nowhere with her husband, three dogs, and sometimes guard bear, Oswald. Her first book, Touch, is due out in November 2011 from Entangled Publishing. She is represented by Kevan Lyon of Marsal Lyon Literary Agency.






And, here's the book that you've all been waiting for and that's receiving crazy raves around the blogosphere:


Touch!
Official Blurb

When a strange boy tumbles down a river embankment and lands at her feet, seventeen-year-old adrenaline junkie Deznee Cross snatches the opportunity to piss off her father by bringing the mysterious hottie with ice blue eyes home.

Except there’s something off with Kale. He wears her shoes in the shower, is overly fascinated with things like DVDs and vases, and acts like she’ll turn to dust if he touches her. It’s not until Dez’s father shows up, wielding a gun and knowing more about Kale than he should, that Dez realizes there’s more to this boy—and her father’s “law firm”—than she realized.

Kale has been a prisoner of Denazen Corporation—an organization devoted to collecting “special” kids known as Sixes and using them as weapons—his entire life. And, oh yeah, his touch? It kills. The two team up with a group of rogue Sixes hellbent on taking down Denazen before they’re caught and her father discovers the biggest secret of all. A secret Dez has spent her life keeping safe.

A secret Kale will kill to protect.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just when I was getting ready the sheafs of interview papers, sitting at my local cafe with a mug of green tea frappe, the clock struck 2 and in walked Kale in all his worn blue jeans, long sleeved black T-shirt and his pair of black Vans glory. I comb my hair and immediately stands up.

Kale enters slowly, shoulders stiff. He scans the length of the room, eyes darting between you and the door.
I stretch out my hand and he takes it hesitantly.


Hi, you must be Kale. I'm CYP. (*smiles tentatively*)
Oookay, let's start the interview now, shall we? Tell me a little about yourself, for the sake of those who haven't read the book yet.

"My name is Kale and I'm what they call a Six. My skin is lethal to all living things. Plant, animal...and human. It's instant. I don't think they feel pain."

(*eyes wide*) Huh..That's, quite a skill. How old are you anyway?

"I was brought to Denazen on May first, eighteen years ago. From what I'm told it was shortly after my birth."

Wow, so Denazen has sort of been your whole life, huh? Anyway, why not I start simple to get the ball rolling - what does it mean to be a Six?


"Sixes are people who can do things. Make things happen. I'm told there is a genetic abnormality that appears in the sixth chromosome that causes this. For some, it means a life of wonder. For others... Some of us are not so lucky."

Well, I think Lady Luck's saving all your luck for when you found Dez. :) I know this would stir up unwanted memories, but can you tell us more about what goes on inside Denazen? What makes it tick?


"Are you sure you really want to know? Denazen isn't a nice place. They hire us out--the Sixes--to anyone willing to pay. We are thieves, assassins, kidnappers... There are rumors of government involvement, but I don't know. You do as instructed and do not ask questions. Their methods of motivation are... unique and uncomfortable."

That's harsh. Like military school but without punishment restrictions. (*shudders*)

What did they do to train you up as a "soldier"? Any tips for those guys out there aspiring to have such a (*let's my gaze appraise him appreciatively*)...um,toned physique, so to speak?

"At the beginning and end of each day, I ran three miles. I lifted weights three times and did combat and agility training for a minimum of four hours. Now there is no one to make me do those things. I haven't told Dez yet, but I think I miss the combat training..."

Lol, you sound like you're on steroids or something. But at Denazen, did you get to meet people? Did you get along well with anyone other than Sue?

"I wasn't permitted the amount of freedom some of the other residents were. I had no interactions with anyone other than Sue and those who came to handle me. I didn't get along with them. I would have killed them if not for Sue..."

Ok ok, let's not dwell too much into the doom and gloom and move on to some happier topics, shall we? What do you think of Dez when you look at her? And when you're away from her? Uncomfortable?

"Dez... She is the most amazing person in this world. I look at her and wonder how such a thing exists in my life. I've never done anything to deserve the feeling I get when I look at her. I know Dez worries this is all because she is the only one I can touch, but it's so much more. She's so much more. When she's not with me I feel like I'm missing a limb. I don't like it."

In my head: Awwwwww. Swoon..

I've heard you've learnt what a kiss is from Dez. (*leans forward*)Sooo, what was it like? Did you enjoy that first time experience??

"It was... I don't know the right words. Soft. Warm. It made my stomach feel funny. A little like falling. That weightless feeling just before you hit the ground--only you never do. You stay up in the air. Floating. Yes. Floating is a good word for it. I float when Dez kisses me."

That's so cool... I've never kissed before. But I'm saving up for that special someone. Back to you, so what do you and Dez do when you're together?

"Dez is showing me all the things I've missed. (*Kale grins*) Plus, we kiss. A lot."

LOL, hope you're not taking advantage of her, man! And I hope it's not in public and an outright display of affection! There's called public code of conduct, yo.

If you had one day where you could bring Dez out, anywhere at all without worrying about the devils at Denazen, where and what would you bring her to do?

"When I was small, Sue told me of this place--a beautiful meadow she used to go to when she was a child. I would like to bring Dez there. Just the two of us. I think she'd like it."

Aww, she'll love that. Ok, let's end off with a question about the future - if there was one thing that you can do, anything at all in this world, what would it be? In short, what is your ambition?

"I would make sure Denazen fell so others like me--so Dez--would be safe."

That's a noble goal. Anyway, thanks for coming today, and all the best in your future endeavours!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what do y'all think? If you wish to find out more about Touch (and Kale), you can visit Jus at:


Or you can preorder TOUCH at:


There's also a swag giveaway for TOUCH going on now on my blog. You can enter by clicking HERE.
Anyway, thanks for stopping by!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A Bookalicious Story is now an award-free zone! Thank you for thinking about me tho, really!

I love comments. :) I may not be able to reply every single comment, but know that I read and appreciate every one of them. Thank you!

Cyp's Abbreviation Dictionary

DNF = Did Not Finish
HEA = Happily Ever After
PNR = Paranormal Romance
UF = Urban Fantasy
YA = Young Adult

Erotica Reference

BDSM = Bondage/Discipline, Dominant/Submissive, Sadism/Masochism
f/f = female/female
m/f = male/female
m/m = male/male

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...