-->

Monday, November 14, 2011

Musing Mondays (1)


This week's musing asks...

"Are you currently collecting any authors? Why?
Do you have all of their books? If not, why not? 
Did you buy all the books in the collection at the same time, or did you buy a book here, a book there? Have you actually read all of the collection? If not, why not?"
- Hosted by Mizb at Should Be Reading.


Currently, no. Unless you count ebooks as part of the collection, then maybe. I used to buy and hoard them, but then I went to do the math, and figured I shouldn't tax my mom so much (I'm still legally underage, so no work = no salary for me). Buuuuut, those that I did hoard are the usuals: Twilight series (4 books) and Harry Potter (7 books). Lol, and the less famous ones are The Seven Kingdom series (2 books) by Kristin Cashore and The Iron Fey series (3 books) by Julie Kagawa.

I have all of them, except The Iron Knight, last book of The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa because, well, I didn't like that there was going to be an end to the protagonists, Meghan and Ash (AHHH, ASH!! You're my heroXD), and since I got the eARC from Netgalley and didn't like it all that much, I saved the cash for other books that didn't break my heart. Lol, I know, dramatic.

I bought my books in bits and pieces. Well, not bits and pieces as in scraps and pages, gosh no. I mean, like, here and there kinda thing. I try to read the book from somewhere (library or the likes) or other people's reviews first, or if I am very confident that the book will not disappoint, then I'll buy the book. So you can imagine how small my shelf is. I sound so meager, don't I? But oh well, every time I look at my shelf, I'll just sit and stare at it for while cause they're all my favourites. My precious. My babiesssss. They make me so happy. Haha.

Anyway, yep, I guess that's all I have to say for now. Lol, so, thanks for stopping by! Remember to leave your MM links in the comments section so that I can go check it out, or if you don't have a blog, then write your "post" in the comments. :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm a bit of a completist (if I start a series, I like ot try and finish it) but I don't always keep my books...

    Here’s my Musing Mondays post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you had me laughing with the Bits and pieces part! You read so many great series

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Domesticgoddess: Lol, I'd like to think myself as a completist too!:D I'll only not follow the series if I really, really hated it. I'm a curious person, so I'd like to finish the entire thing.

    @Cass: Thanks, Cass! Haha, it just came to me as I typed, so I just inserted it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love books, but tend to jump around from genre to genre and author to author with great abandon. I do love books, row after row on shelves. I'm enjoying my Kindle, but things like collecting seem different.

    My MM: http://etjrmbach.blogspot.com/2011/11/row-after-row-of-memories-musing.html

    ReplyDelete

A Bookalicious Story is now an award-free zone! Thank you for thinking about me tho, really!

I love comments. :) I may not be able to reply every single comment, but know that I read and appreciate every one of them. Thank you!

Cyp's Abbreviation Dictionary

DNF = Did Not Finish
HEA = Happily Ever After
PNR = Paranormal Romance
UF = Urban Fantasy
YA = Young Adult

Erotica Reference

BDSM = Bondage/Discipline, Dominant/Submissive, Sadism/Masochism
f/f = female/female
m/f = male/female
m/m = male/male

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...