-->

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (8)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I've just finished reading LORD OF THE ABYSS by Nalini Singh yesterday and I really liked it. So, here's a snippet of my favourite part of the book. Oh, be forewarned - this teaser is gonna be LOOOONG.:)



My Teaser
A strong hand clamped down on her wrist, his palm hot and rough, the brush of the razored points extending from his gauntlet an unnamed threat. “Where is Bard?” It was a silken question.

“Outside the door,” she said, realizing he was pulling her down.


She resisted.

He compelled.

Until her lips were on a level with his.

Her heart pounded hard enough to bruise against her ribs, but she couldn’t take her eyes off those sugar-sweet lips. “My lord?” Her voice came out a croak.

His mouth curved, as if he could read her thoughts, and she held her breath, waiting to see what he would do. Right then, she had the sudden, shocking realization that she might permit him any liberty, no matter how darkly wicked, if he would only allow her to sup at those lips, to taste his mouth.

“You smell, Liliana.” He released her wrist. “You must bathe.”

Ouch! Haha, hope you enjoyed my teaser. Thanks for stopping by! And remember to leave your teaser or teaser links in the comments section.:)

15 comments:

  1. I've seen this book, but haven't been interested to actually pick it up until now. I love all of her other work though.

    mine: http://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2011/11/21/teaser-tuesday-tricks-of-the-grade-by-laura-anne-gilman/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, that happened for me too! I wasn't very feeling very inclined to pick this up, but I love ANYTHING Singh writes, so I just picked it up. Who knew? I actually enjoyed it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read anything from this author but I keep seeing this book around and really am wanting to read it. But that poor girl in your teaser.lol. I loved it, it was kinda sexy then funny. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not my kind of book, but a great teaser anyway. :)
    Here’s my Teaser Tuesday post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I get what you mean, Domestic Goddess. This type of books is either you like it or not kind of things. Thanks for stopping by, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, what a funny teaser!

    Thanks for stopping by mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "You smell" haha. Great teaser- and cover :-D

    Passing through for T.T's, here's mine:
    http://ttoria.blogspot.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesdays.html

    TToria
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww...poor girl! Great Teaser! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my Teaser. Your responds made me laugh so hard! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Nalini Singh's books but this is one I have not gotten. The main reason is that I have not read the first books in the series so did not know if this would stand alone. Here is my teaser:

    http://mixedbookbag.blogspot.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesday-november-22-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, awww. That's an awesome teaser! ;) I was so curious about this series. Sadly I got some e-reader issues just when I had the chance to get to it. Have to remember to get myself a copy! :)

    Thanks for stopping by Kindle Fever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nalini Singh's books all sound so good. I don't have a clue why I haven't felt like reading them. This one sounds too good to pass up. Thanks for sharing and pushing me to give her work a try.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eeek! That's not something ya ever wanna hear ;)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
    I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great teaser! [: Hope you are enjoying it!
    THanks for stopping by my TT!

    Erin @ Let's Evaluate

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Jennifer: Right? Haha, all her books sound amazing, but I haven't read one of her series yet... But everytime I pick up her book, I will be sucked into her book world. I love her writing so much, but I don't know why I wouldn't have the urge to pick a new one up.:/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi thanks for joining in our Weekly Book Blog Hop xx Now following hoping you will follow us back at http://www.beckvalleybooks.blogspot.com thks in advance xx

    ReplyDelete

A Bookalicious Story is now an award-free zone! Thank you for thinking about me tho, really!

I love comments. :) I may not be able to reply every single comment, but know that I read and appreciate every one of them. Thank you!

Cyp's Abbreviation Dictionary

DNF = Did Not Finish
HEA = Happily Ever After
PNR = Paranormal Romance
UF = Urban Fantasy
YA = Young Adult

Erotica Reference

BDSM = Bondage/Discipline, Dominant/Submissive, Sadism/Masochism
f/f = female/female
m/f = male/female
m/m = male/male

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...